Sunday 11 March 2012

Review: Silicone Dolphin Vibrator

She Says:
Unfortunately the Silicone Dolphin Vibrator  is one of those toys that sits hidden away in our drawers most of the time.  It's not particularly good, but it's not so bad that we have wanted to throw it out.

The main body is made of matte finished silicone, and the cap is made from a hard plastic.  It takes two AA batteries and is fully waterproof (which I can vouch for).  The silicone it's made from is of a questionable quality. Although it feels nice to the touch, it has become mottled, discoloured (bleached almost) and stained despite being barely used.


There are seven vibration settings, controlled by repeatedly pressing the on-off button which is integrated into the silicone casing (quite a nice feature). They are as follows: strong vibration, medium vibration, weak vibration, strong-weak-strong-weeeeeak (prolonged weak one!), strong-to-low-to-off, strong-pause-strong and weak-medium-strong.  Personally I find that the only one that does anything for me is the strong vibration... and calling it strong is a bit of a misnomer really.  It's not strong at all, in fact it's pretty feeble, but comparatively speaking it's stronger than the other settings.  The silicone does seem to carry the vibration quite well, so it is a shame that the motor isn't a bit stronger.  The shape allows for a concentrated vibration to be aimed at your clit with the tip of the dolphins nose.  The graduated shape also allows for easy penetration, and it does have a reasonable girth for a vibrator - making it a useful toy if you're in the mood for switching between penetration and clitoral stimulation and don't want to use more than one toy/hand.  I don't really enjoy the sensation of using a vibrating toy internally - but this toy would probably be good for that if you did.


I was going to mention that I don't remember ever actually making myself come using this toy... I think I've ended up just getting frustrated and switching.  But for the purpose of the review (and solely that of course...) I thought I would give it another go.  After about half an hour of playing I was starting to feel like I might give up.  But for the review's sake I persevered.  I got myself very worked up looking at some ridiculously sexy women here, and finally managed to make myself come whilst rubbing the shaft (or body should I say?) of the dolphin up and down over my clit, with the tip of it's nose just teasing at the entrance of my pussy.  It was actually a reasonably good orgasm, which I was pretty surprised at.... and then managed to do it again using the same technique.  So although it is slow to get going, it's not a complete disappointment.


One last point to mention is that the detailing of the dolphin features (face and fins) aren't really conducive to cleaning. It takes a lot of effort to get it all scrubbed up and remove all the dried up bits of juices from the cracks (nice...); a hassle I could do without.

I wouldn't particularly recommend this vibrator.  It's made from poor quality materials, it hasn't kept well, the vibrations lack oomph, and it's difficult to clean.  Save your money and buy something else.

He Says:
I don't have a huge amount to say about this toy, just a few quick points:
1. I often wonder whether I am the only person who is slightly puzzled by the ubiquity of animal themed toys. Don't get me wrong, I don't find them disturbing, or suggestive of latent bestiality, or anything like that.  I just don't see the particular appeal.  I mean sure dolphins and rabbits (and octopuses?) are cute and all, but even so... Answers on a postcard.

2.  I have actually tried this up my butt.  I quite liked it.  Vibrations up there don't do anything for me so I can't really comment on that, but the silicone is very smooth and pretty soft and pliable.  The shape of the head of this vibrator (that is to say the snout of this unfortunate creature) also makes penetration very easy.

3. As you have probably noticed, this toy doesn't have a flared base, so in retrospect maybe subjecting the poor fella to such treatment was a bad idea.  Dolphins are very streamlined you know.

I subjectively dislike the appearance of this toy.  However, more worrying is the fact that this vibrator has become stained and discoloured over the period of about two years of infrequent use and careful storage and maintenance. Ultimately, from my perspective it is not a toy designed for anal play and I wouldn't recommend it for male users.  

No comments:

Post a Comment